Internships Available at plasticbaglaws.org
Plasticbaglaws.org seeks unpaid interns. Interns will be expected to commit to approximately five hours per week for at least five months. Interns should be detail-oriented and feel comfortable working independently.
Interns will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Drafting research memos regarding plastic bag ordinances
- Communicating with various municipalities and government agencies to procure documents
- Verifying the details of various ordinances
- Summarizing recent litigation involving plastic bags
- Writing guest blog posts
- Attending public hearings and meetings of stakeholder groups
Experience with HTML and database management strongly preferred.
Most work will be done remotely, but preference will be given to candidates in the NYC area that are currently enrolled in a degree program related to environmental law or policy.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the subject to jennie[at]plasticbaglaws.org.